Friday, May 26, 2006

CELTA: Week 1 Completed!

Well, I've made it through the first week of the CELTA course! So far, I've actually taught three assessed lessons:

  • Day 1: Speaking practice
  • Day 3: Listening practice
  • Day 4: Listening, Writing practice

Each morning we have "input sessions" on various teaching-related topics. Then, in the afternoon, we actually teach and try to implement the elements we've learned. The teaching is assessed not only by the tutor, but also by the other CELTA students. The immediate and ongoing feedback is extremely helpful in the development process.

As for the English language students, we have a class of ~12. Elementary-level English learners currently living in Montreal, the students come from Chad, Algeria, Mexico, Israel, and other countries around the world... I hope to post a photo of the class, probably next week.

The course has been amazing, and I eagerly look forward to next week. For now, I have an assignment to complete, and a lesson to prepare!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to a photo of the multicultural students...Montreal is such a great place to practise English teaching.